London Gong are soon to launch Laughter Yoga and Laughter Gong
As a Laughter Yoga Leader and Gong Meditation facilitator I can see my new Laughter Gong workshops being hugely beneficial for wellness and well-being days within corporate organisations and NHS therapeutic environments. A perfect blend of both Laughter and Gong Meditation.
As someone who has suffered from STRESS in the workplace which even escalated to panic attacks, I have felt myself really drawn to working with holistic tools that help people de-stress. We do live in some very stressful times and often within very stressful situations so finding ways to let go and de-stress is something that is very close to my heart. Laughter is the most recent addition to what I call my holistic toolbox and I first saw the power of this in a group setting a few years ago.
I run a social group which connects like-minded people. I had organised a picnic and a friend of mine, a laughter yoga leader offered a spontaneous laughter yoga session at the picnic. It was there that I witnessed the power of Laughter Yoga first hand. We had a group of around 15 people, all with different personalities, some more outgoing than others. I witnessed the group bonding almost instantly, the more shy and reserved people had popped out of their shy shells instantly which made for such an incredible afternoon and the laughter remained throughout.
Laughter Yoga at a picnic
Some Benefits of Laughter
The benefits are massive and not to be underestimated. Laughter is noted to have helped so many people of all ages in so many situations from health ailments, both physical, emotional and mental to corporate businesses, helping to boost general wellness, creativity, morale and work performance and attendance. Fantastic for group bonding and boosting work relationships to helping with personality conflict. Laughter has no boundaries.
Just some of the Benefits of Laughter Yoga
- Elevates Mood ~ Laughter Yoga can change your mood within minutes by releasing endorphins from your brain cells. This makes you feel good and if you are in a good mood you do everything well. It makes you cheerful all throughout the day.
- Health Benefits ~ Laughter Yoga reduces stress and strengthens the immune system. If your immune system is strong you will not fall sick easily and if you have chronic health conditions, it will help to heal faster. It can even help with Pain Relief.
- Business Benefits ~ Our brain needs 25 % more oxygen for optimal functioning. Laughter exercises can increase net supply of oxygen to our body and brain which helps to improve efficiency and performance. You will feel energetic and can work more than you normally do without getting tired.
- Social Connector ~ Quality of life depends upon quality of our friends and our relationships. Laughter is a great connector of people and brings lots of good friend with caring and sharing relationship.
- Laughing through Challenges ~ Anyone can laugh when times are good, but Laughter Yoga teaches people to laugh unconditionally so that they can laugh even when times are hard. It provides strength in adversity, a coping mechanism to help people keep a positive mental attitude regardless of circumstances.
In a nutshell Laughter yoga is a practice involving prolonged voluntary laughter along with breathing techniques that originate from Yoga. We usually laugh for between 3-5 seconds, in a laughter yoga session we will laugh for between 10-15 minutes, of deep belly laughter. This is the type of laughter that gives us all the health benefits and the benefits will remain with us for a good 24 hours after the session! The body reacts in the same way whether the laughter is forced or natural, releasing the endorphins (happy hormones). It is these endorphins that kick in and fight stress, boost our immune system and make us feel good in so many ways. Laughter yoga is experienced in groups, with eye contact, yogic breathing and playfulness between participants,
Laughter Gong is a blend of these two therapeutic practices, Gong Meditation and Laughter Yoga Exercises.
There are many similarities to the benefits of prolonged Laughter and Gong Meditation as they are both excellent at boosting general wellness and reducing stress and anxiety. This is one of the main reasons that I am so keen to offer Laughter Gong workshops. If you then add to the mix the Healing benefits of Gong and other Sounds you end up with something really very special.
Launching soon, Laughter Gong Workshops. Bringing together two of the most powerful stress busting and wellness tools that I personally have encountered. I am excited to see the benefits of these two powerful wellness tools which will be perfectly blended to work together in helping to create balance and harmony to those who participate.
A typical Laughter Gong workshop will be a two hour session which will include, group bonding, rib tickling, deep belly laughter and relaxing sonic sound waves from Gong and other therapeutic instruments. Please click to contact me if you wish to book a workshop for your group or business.
Suitable for Private Groups, Corporate Well-being & Wellness Days and NHS Wellness Days.
- 1 Hour Gong Bath Meditation
- 1 Hour Laughter Yoga
- 2 Hour Laughter Gong Workshop
For more information please visit our website for Laughter Yoga Wellness workshops in London and the United Kingdom http://wellnessworkshops.londongong.co.uk/
Laughter Yoga can help you Feel Better, Work Better and Work Smarter